CBD is probably one of the most amazing discoveries in medicine.
Numerous studies have shown us that it can have almost miraculous results when it comes to pain, depression and anxiety, cancer, and multiple sclerosis symptoms, with few to no side effects.
This may make you think what else is hiding there.
Luckily for us, more studies are being made as we speak so in time we should all become familiar with the full potential of CBD.
If this is the first time you encountered this term, let us explain the basics.
CBD or cannabidiol is one of the main components of cannabis. More precisely, it is the non-psychoactive one — meaning it doesn’t get you the “high” effect that THC has. CBD is usually extracted from the buds and flowers of cannabis or hemp plants.
The most popular way of using it is in the form of CBD oil or tincture (44% of the consumers). Both are taken by a dropper sublingually. In other words, small amounts of it are inserted under the tongue. The effect takes place within 5-10 minutes of use.
Currently, the CBD industry in the US is worth $202 million, but it is expected to rise up to $2.1 billion until 2020. That’s an increase of almost 700%! As for CBD retail sales, they are projected to reach $16 billion by 2025.
When it comes to the most popular product – the CBD oil, in 2018, both CBD and hemp oil reached $238 million! All these statistics are showing us that the CBD industry is probably the fastest growing one in the world at the moment. What is more, it doesn’t look like this will change anytime soon.
If you want to learn more about CBD, take a look at this interesting infographic. It contains all the basics for CBD – starting from what the cannabidiol is and how it affects the brain to its place in the medicine, current trends, and predictions about the (bright) future.
Top 10 CBD Facts and Statistics
- The sales of CBD are predicted to reach about $1.8 billion by 2022.
- At the moment, there are over 850 brands of CBD products in the US market.
- With over $1 billion, Colorado is the state with the highest cannabis revenues.
- Data on CBD user demographics show 40% of Americans are interested in trying CBD.
- A cannabis worker earns more than an average American.
- The demand for employees in the CBD oil industry rose by 76% in one year.
- Statistics on CBD direct sales show that the majority of direct sellers are women.
- Women are founders or general managers of over 75% of CBD brands.
- Pure CBD is perfectly safe for usage and you cannot get addicted to it.